Rovectin Barrier Repair Complex (BRC)
Expertly Formulated to Repair Skin Barrier Dysfunction
Dry, cracked and irritated skin is caused by a weakened skin barrier. Even the most healthy skin barrier can break down due to environmental stress, hormonal changes, nutritional deficiencies, common cleansers, illness and age. [1,2]. When the skin barrier weakens, irritants easily penetrate your skin and lead to uncomfortable and embarrassing skin disorders like Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)[1,3]. A broken skin barrier results in severe dryness, cracking, redness, itching and inflammation.
Trans-Epidermal Water Loss (TEWL) & Free Radical Activity
A weak skin barrier can’t hold in essential moisture. This results in what scientists refer to as trans-epidermal water loss (TEWL). Excessive TEWL leads to a compromised skin barrier that is more porous, allowing irritating compounds to penetrate your skin. The result is red, itchy, dry, sensitized skin. Another problem is that the inflammatory cascade that occurs in sensitive skin leads to free radical activity. Free radicals encourage your body’s own enzymes to break down precious collagen and elastin. This leads to wrinkles, sagging and slackened skin. Even if you are not bothered by painfully dry skin, it’s important to maintain a healthy skin barrier so you can prevent signs of premature aging like wrinkles.
A weak skin barrier lacks protective lipids, or fats. These protective lipids are known specifically as ceramides, fatty acids, cholesterol, cholesteryl esters and phospholipids. Dermatologists report dramatic healing of dry skin disorders through topical application of lipids to the skin. [1,4,5]. BRC™ was designed base on this technology.
BRC™ replenishes lost lipids in your skin using bio-identical, natural, plant-derived ingredients. These ingredients are structurally identical to the healthy fats in your skin. This reduces moisture loss (TEWL) and strengthens your skin barrier. BRC™ is made with Linoleic Acid, Beta Sitosterol, and 97% pure Phospholipids. This nourishing blend helps replace essential lipids, encouraging a strong and healthy skin barrier free from redness, itching, dryness or premature wrinkles.
Because BRC™ is so effective at restoring your skin barrier, it does more than just restore lost moisture. It’s also effective for protecting your skin from damaging and irritating toxins. This prevents allergic, inflammatory reactions to environmental elements, also known as eczema or atopic dermatitis.
|Intercellular Lipid||Rovectin Barrier Repair Complex™||Derived from|
|Glyceride Free Fatty Acid||Glyceride Free Fatty Acid||Shea Butter
Sunflower Seed Oil
Castor Seed Oil
|Cholestrol||Glycine Soja Sterols||Soya|
Source: Data on file, ROVECTIN Laboratories 2012; Lampe MA, Burlingame AL, Whitney J, et al. Human stratum corneum lipids: Characterization and regional differences.
Rovectin Barrier Repair Complex (BRC) Clinical Data
Rovectin Barrier Repair Complex™ Clinical Data
Decreases Trans-Epidermal Water Loss, even ceasing product usage after 6 weeks, meaning Rovectin BRC™ strengthens skin’s natural power to hold moisture
1. Berra, B., Veggetti, E., The Role of Epidermal Ceramides in Barrier Function, J. Applied Cosmetol. 14, pp. 51-57 (a/j96)
2. Ghadially, R., Brown, B. E., et al., The aged Epidermal Permeability Barrier: Structural, Functional, and Lipid Biochemical Abnormalities in Humans and a Senescent Murine Model, J Clin Invest., Volume 95(5), May 1995, pp. 2281-90.
3. Imokawa, G., Yada, Y., et al., Pseudo-acylceramide with Linoleic Acid Produces Selective Recovery of Cutaneous Barrier Function in Essential Fatty Acid- deficient Rats and has an Inhibitory Effect on Epidermal Hyperplasia, J. Clin Invest., Volume 94(1). July 1994, pp. 89-96.
4. Man, M., et al., Exogenous Lipids Influence Permeability Barrier Recovery in Acetone-treated Murine Skin, Arch, Dermatol. Vol 129(June 93), pp. 728-38.
5. Thornfeldt, C., et al., Optimization of Physiological Lipid Mixtures for Barrier Repair, J. Invest. Dermatol., Vol 106, pp. 1096-101, 1996.